Take a look at five steps you can take this Spring to help maintain your commercial roof:
- Inspect the Roof: the first step in maintaining a commercial roof in the spring is to inspect it thoroughly. Check for any signs of damage, such as cracks, leaks, or missing shingles, and assess the overall condition of the roof. Look for any areas where water may be pooling, which can lead to leaks and other problems.
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Spring is a good time to clean out the gutters and downspouts of your commercial building. Remove any debris that has accumulated over the winter, such as leaves, twigs, and other debris. This will ensure that water can flow freely and won’t back up onto the roof.
- Check Seals and Flashings: Seals and flashings are essential components of a commercial roof that help to prevent leaks. Check these areas for any signs of damage, such as cracks or gaps, and repair them as needed.
- Trim Overhanging Trees: Trees that overhang your commercial building can cause damage to the roof, particularly during storms. Trim back any branches that are hanging over the roof to prevent them from falling onto the roof and causing damage.
- Hire a Professional: Finally, consider hiring a professional roofing company to perform a comprehensive inspection and maintenance of your commercial roof. A professional can identify any potential problems and make recommendations for repairs or maintenance that will keep your roof in good condition for years to come.